What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about the 50p coin anniversary, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Discuss whether going cashless is possible in our society, or if that's a bad idea. Are electronic payments too risky to rely on completely?
- If you were to create your own 50p, what person or event would you put on it and why? Write a persuasive article about your choice
- AA Milne's poem ‘Halfway Down’ takes a wistful, child’s perspective of a special place. Rewrite that poem from the point of view of a child whose favourite coin is a 50p piece
- See if you can discover other significant events that happened in 1969. Briefly describe which five you think are the most important, and why
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!