What's it all about?
The National Health Service (NHS) began in 1948 and was the "envy of the world". Why not learn all about the NHS and its history in its 70th year with some facts and figures in this insightful feature from The Week Junior. Find out about
- What life was like before the NHS
- Who founded the NHS
- How the NHS has changed over time
- What the future looks like for the NHS
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!