What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about the Amazon Fires, as well as accompanying activity ideas:
- Debate: Should other nations get to decide how these fires are dealt with, or should Brazil alone choose?
- From the perspective of an animal living in the rainforest, write a story about the fires
- Using the metaphor of the Amazon rainforest being the lungs of the world, write a poem
- Research how much oxygen the rainforest produces, and how it does it
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!