Welcome to Antarctica – the coldest place in the world
Looking at significant events and individuals throughout history can be a wonderful way to develop chronological awareness and new knowledge. This lesson plan and article takes the theme of explorers and expeditions to Antarctica, and will help you deliver a truly cross-curricular topic.
This FREE download will help enhance lessons across the curriculum including English, Maths, Geography, PSHE, Science, Art and Music.
- Practise comprehension skills with question types including retrieval and inference
- Nurture exciting writing outcomes including creative, persuasive and non-chronological report writing
- Explore the work of Frances Hatch and get pupils to create their own version of Antarctica art
- Plus much more...
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!