What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This resource includes an article about Beavers reduce river flooding, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- If these beavers are having such a positive effect on the environment, shouldn’t we be introducing them across the whole country? Or could there also be unforeseen problems that result from our interfering with nature? What do you think?
- Write an imaginary advertisement offering beavers the job of looking after a river or stream in the UK.
- Write either a limerick about a beaver moving here from Europe or three verses of a new, beaver-focused version of 'Row, row, row your boat'.
- Research a different example of an animal being introduced or reintroduced to a particular habitat, either deliberately or accidentally. Write a brief account of what the species was, where it was released and what the consequences were.
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!