What's it all about?
2019 marks 160 years since Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species' came out. This special book is one of the most famous books in the history of science.
Use this article to:
- Learn about Charles Darwin's early life.
- Find out about his round-the-world voyage on HMS Beagle.
- Explore how his theories sparked national debate amongst scientists.
- Discover how Darwin's ideas changed our understanding of the natural world.
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning all about Charles Darwin
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!