What's it all about?
This new pupil resource is about the man who invented Christmas books; Charles Dickens. Do your pupils know his infamous festive tale called 'A Christmas Carol'? In this article, discover the history of this book, and more.
Use this article to:
- Learn about Charles Dickens' early life
- Find out when the first Christmas book was published
- Discover the adaptations of his most famous book
- Explore other books that he wrote in his successful career
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning all about Charles Dickens.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!