What's it all about?
Chinese New Year is one of the world’s biggest celebrations. Millions of people in China and around the globe will come together to enjoy family fun, festivities and fireworks, but do your pupils understand the history behind this momentous event?
Use this resource to:
- Understand how it is celebrated across the globe
- Learn about the new year’s traditions
- Find out about the legend of the monster Nian
- Discover which animal the year 2020 is named after
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning about the Chinese New Year.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!