This article tells the story of the first people to reach the summit of Everest. This significant moment can be studied in history, in English, or across the curriculum, using the lesson ideas included in this Free download.
Enhance lessons across the curriculum including English, Maths, Geography, PSHE, Science, History, Art and Music.
- Practise and consolidate the use of superlatives and comparative language
- Investigate other mountains in the world e.g. Mount Kinabalu in Borneo, Mount Huang in China, Aoraki Mount Cook in New Zealand
- Listen to In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg and produce a storyboard of what pupils think is happening
- Plus much more...
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!