What's it all about?
Golden Week is a national holiday in China and marks the founding of the People’s Republic of China on 1 October 1949. Share this free article with your pupils to learn about the history of Golden week and the celebrations that take place across the country.
Use this article to:
- Understand the historic meaning
- Find out interesting facts about China
- Learn about the week long national celebrations
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for teaching pupils about China, its history, and festivals.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!