What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about a heptathlon athlete and her long road to her recent gold medal win, as well as accompanying activity ideas:
- Discuss whether we should always follow our dreams like Katarina Johnson-Thompson, or whether sometimes it’s better to concede defeat and move on.
- Write a story about an occasion where you showed grit and determination and how you felt during the highs and lows.
- Write a short play script about a devil and angel on Katarina’s shoulders and what they might have said to persuade her to give up or carry on.
- Explore what a decathlon is, and what people who take part have to do.
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!