What's it all about?
The House of Lords is the second chamber of the UK Parliament but do your pupils know what an important role it plays in how the country is run? In this article your pupils will find out about the other parts of the UK Parliament, discover how big decisions are made and meet some of the current members.
Use this article to:
- Find out how the UK Parliament is structured
- Meet some of the members of the House of Lords
- Discover how they use their knowledge to check the work of the Government to make sure it’s fair
- Find out how people join
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning about the second chamber of the UK Parliament.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!