What's it all about?
Universal Children's Day was set up by the United Nations to protect children’s human rights and prioritise their wellbeing.
- Freedom of thought
- The right to be treated humanely
- The right to education
- The ban on forced labour
- Rules against discrimination
- You can also use this excellent teaching resource to explain the Human Rights Act
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!