What's it all about?
The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is on 9 August and first started in 1995, but how many different indigenous groups can your pupils name? In this article your pupils will discover what indigenous means and find out about some of their cultures and traditions.
Use this article to:
- Discover how many indigenous people there are in the world
- Explore their history
- Discover how important these groups are in protecting the environment around them
- Learn about the laws that have been put in place to protect these groups
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning all about indigenous groups.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!