What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about some new words that have been added to the Oxford English Dictionary, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Hold a debate on why language evolves, and whether it should
- Write a two- or three-paragraph story using the words: kapow, padawan, ange, nomophobia and summum malum
- Create definitions for these made-up words: breffingle, nopperhast, yoochitrat
- Find three three English words that originated from Anglo Saxon, Norman, Viking and Indian cultures
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!