What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about monkey behaviour in Asia, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Debate, if we could communicate with animals, whether we should? Or would that just lead to humans exploiting them even more?
- Imagine you are a long-tailed macaque who has just discovered how to use stones to get seafood out of shells. Write an advertisement that you would use to persuade your fellow macaques to use stones too
- Write a short funny sketch in the form of a playscript in which one macaque is trying to get his friend to use stones to crack open shells but the friend doesn’t like the idea of using this new ‘technology’
- Research another example of animals learning a new behaviour, especially if it shows them adapting to the human world.
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!