What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about Organ Donation, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Debating issues around organ donation, such as whether people who have led healthy lifestyles should get priority on organ donor lists over people who make unhealthy choices like smoking
- Writing a thank you letter to a donor from someone who has just had organ donation surgery
- Imagining you're someone about to have surgery, and writing a diary entry for the day
- Investigating the most-complex procedure of all the major organ donation surgeries: heart surgery
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom her
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!