What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about scientific discoveries in outer space, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Debate whether spending time and money on observing outer space is important, or whether we would be better off using these resources to save our own over-heating planet?
- Imagine the radio burst is actually a coded message from another life-form and you have managed to crack the code. Write what you think they might be trying to tell us.
- Use persuasive writing to create an advertisement, like those you find for holiday companies, promoting Earth as a great place for aliens to visit for their vacation.
- What is the closest star system to our own? Create a fact file including how far away it is, how long it might take to get there and what we know it includes.
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!