What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about a painting that sold for £20m, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Hold a debate on the public's right to see famous artworks. What happens when private owners pay for such pieces, rather than galleries getting them?
- Imagine something that you've drawn or painted sells for auction like this painting did. Write a short, humorous tale about it
- Write an account of a time you've been to a museum. What did you find interesting? Why?
- See if you can find out the top five most expensive paintings of all time. Who painted them? What are they called? What do they depict? And how much did they sell for?
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!