What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about biodegradable plastics, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Debating whether newer bags that only take three years to decay are OK, or whether that's still not good enough
- Listing as many words as possible that begin with the prefix ‘bio’
- Writing a five-sentence story that follows a plastic bag's voyage from a shop all the way into the ocean
- Investigating how much food these bags can hold, given they have a weight limit of 2kg. How many ways can children get 2kg of food into a bag using different items?
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!