What's it all about?
This new pupil resource is about a charity committed to saving lives at sea: the RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution). Do your pupils know the RNLI's top tips for staying safe in water? In this article, discover the answer to this question, as well as many more.
Use this article to:
- Learn about the history of the RNLI
- Find out when the first life jacket was made
- Explore what it's like to volunteer for RNLI
- Discover three of the RNLI's most memorable moments
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning all about the RNLI.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!