What's it all about?
Many of the most popular beaches along the British coastline are covered in golden sand which is perfect for playing and building towering sandcastles with a bucket and spade. But do your pupils know exactly what sand is, how it is created and what we use it for? In this article your pupils will find out the answers to all these questions and many more!
Use this article to:
- Discover how sand is made up of lots of different things
- Explore how sand can be used in making art
- Learn about the world’s tallest and smallest sandcastles
- Discover how to make the perfect sandcastle
Download this FREE article to use as a starting point for your teaching and learning all about sand.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!