What's it all about?
Discover why skin is so important, the vital role it plays in protecting you against harmful germs and chemicals, as well as how you feel things. Learn more about:
- Your body's largest organ.
- The three layers that skin is made of: epidermis; dermis and subcutis.
- How skin maintains your body’s temperature.
Find plenty of fun facts, figures and illustrations to engage young scientists with.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!