What's it all about?
Thanksgiving is a national holiday in the US – a chance for people to celebrate with their family and friends. Dating back to 1621, the day is one of the most popular days of the year for people in the US. In this article your pupils will learn about why this day holds such resonance for Americans and how it is celebrated.
Use this article to:
- Learn about the history of Thanksgiving
- Find out about the traditional dishes associated with Thanksgiving
- Explore the celebratory activities that take place to mark the day
- Discover the connection between Black Friday and Thanksgiving
Download this FREE article as a starting point for your teaching and learning about Thanksgiving.
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!