Celebrating the end of war in Europe
Add some breadth and depth to your lessons on the Second World War with fresh new cross-curricular lesson ideas. This lesson plan and article looks at the events of 8th May 1945, VE day, and explores other significant events in the Second World War.
This FREE download will help enhance lessons across the curriculum including English, Maths, Geography, PSHE, Science, History, Art and Music.
- Practise comprehension skills with question types including retrieval and inference
- Nurture exciting writing outcomes including creative, persuasive and script writing
- Explore the music that was made famous during the Second World War
- Plus much more...
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!