What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about Viking Treasure, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Most detectorists are honest and report their findings, but not all. Debate whether you think it is time to ban metal detectoring unless it is being done as part of a recognised archaeological group. Or do you think detectorist should have the freedom to pursue their hobby independently?
- Write a set of instructions detailing what you should do if your metal detector has just signalled that it has found something that could be interesting or valuable under the ground.
- Imagine you are a detectorist who has discovered a hoard of treasure. Write a diary entry describing your day, remembering to use the first person and powerful words to describe both your find and your feelings.
- What are the top three biggest treasure hoards ever found in the UK? Say where and when each find was made and give an outline of what was discovered.
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!