What's it all about?
Register for free and download this activity to share with your pupils wherever they are learning.
This PDF resource includes an article about a volcano island in the South Pacific, as well as accompanying activity ideas perfect for learning at home or in school:
- Debate whether we should leave this island untouched, or if we should go there to undertake scientific studies
- Write an article on how to make a volcanic island
- Pen a funny poem about Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai
- Investigate how you think barn owls, who mainly eat small rodents such as mice, established themselves on this island before the first humans visited it
You can find more teaching resources from Plazoom here
Have you tried The Week Junior in your school yet?
This wonderful resource came from The Week Junior magazine. This fantastic magazine, written specifically for 8-14 year olds, includes the top news stories of the week plus science and technology, animals and the environment, books, sport and much more.
You can take out a subscription for your school from just £54 to help your students:
- Access, interpret and question the world around them
- Improve their spoken language skills through debate and discussion
- Develop an enjoyment of reading across the curriculum
Try it for free in your school, order your free copy today!